All Langley Minor Lacrosse Association Members shall abide by the following guidelines when using social media:
- Be positive and respectful, and always take the high road. When disagreeing with others’ opinions, remain appropriate and polite. If you find yourself in a situation online that is becoming antagonistic, ask the LMLA Board of Directors for advice on how to disengage from the dialogue in a polite and respectful manner that reflects well on LMLA.
- Do not post content that would harm LMLA or damage LMLA’s reputation. Remember that even while you are on your own personal time, you are a representative of LMLA, and people may interpret your online postings or social interactions as though they were official LMLA statements.
- Use good judgment when posting comments on any official LMLA sites. Bear in mind that your comments can create liability for LMLA. If you are unsure whether a comment is appropriate to post, either do not post it or obtain prior approval from the Board of Directors.
- Be smart about what you publish. Once something is posted, it exists online forever. Ask yourself, “would I want to see this published in the newspaper or posted on a billboard tomorrow or ten years from now?” If the answer is “no,” do not post.
- Encourage others to engage in positive interactions on social media. If you are concerned about any LMLA Member’s use of social media, please bring your concerns to the attention of a member of the LMLA Board of Directors.
- Personally, identifiable information (information, such as a name and date of birth and/or a street address which, when taken together, can identify a particular individual) should not be disclosed in any manner on official LMLA social networking sites without the approval of the LMLA Board of Directors.
Social Media Platforms
Instagram - @langleylacrosse
Twitter - @LangleyMinorLax
All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensure you have a parent or guardian complete a Photo Release form before publishing information or photos of players.
ʔi ʔə tə n̓ɑ tәmәx ʔә ƛ̓ šxʷq̓ic̓əyɑʔɬ ʔiʔ šxʷq̓ʷɑ:n̓ƛ̓ən̓ɑʔɬ, mәsteyәxʷ
We respectfully acknowledge that our operations are on the unceded traditional territory of the Katzie and Kwantlen people.