On November 19, 2020 the BC Health Authority announced additional Public Health Orders which affect Lacrosse operations in BC. There is some clarification still required however, we are aware of the following:
- The Order is in effect until December 7, 2020 at midnight.
- The Order applies to all health regions in BC.
- Return to Phase 3 Lacrosse activities with the following restrictions added
- Athletes, coaches, trainers, managers, officials, & umpires, who live in one city/community, can not attend activities in other cities/communities.
- No spectators are allowed at any sport activities. The only people allowed to attend sport activities are those that provide care to a participant or player. (For example: coaches, team manager, and safety persons CAN attend)
- Lacrosse activities (games and practices) CAN occur in the current BCLA Return to Lacrosse Phase 3 Guidelines (the current phase Lacrosse has been since adopting the cohort model).
Further to this the Township of Langley Emergency Operations Centre has informed us of the following (many of which were already a part of our RTL Protocols):
- Indoor and Outdoor sports can continue with activities while compliant with their current Township EOC approvals
- Indoor: Training and skill development only
- Outdoor: Games and practices can continue
- Indoor facilities/common areas: Occupancy limits must be followed at all times
- Spectators: No spectators. The only people allowed to attend sport activities are those that provide care to a participant or player. For example, providing first aid.
- Participants: Langley sports organization participants only (see note below)
- Health Screening: Must be completed prior to facility entry
- COVID Safety Officer: Must be present at all times
- participants must wear masks until they are ready to participate in the activity
- coaches and/or support staff must wear masks at all times
Note: The current order provides an example stating that travel between Abbotsford and Chilliwack as not being permitted. The EOC is interpreting this as all activities must be limited to participants from Township of Langley sports organizations only. In addition, Township enforcement staff continue to have challenges with activity participants from other communities refusing to comply with Township facility rules further justifying the need for this strict participant restriction.
What does this mean for the Langley Minor Lacrosse Association
- Per PCFLL, all league games are officially cancelled until December 7, 2020. Practices will continue as scheduled.
- All Team Personnel must wear masks when attending a practice. This includes Coaches, Trainers, Managers and Site Facility Managers.
- Any player, coach or other team personnel on an LMLA team that does not reside in Langley (TOL, City of Langley or Aldergrove) is not permitted to attend practices in Langley until the order is lifted and the Township of Langley changes their residency restriction.
- No spectators are allowed at any sport activities. This includes gathering in groups in the parking lots or near the field/sports box. The only people allowed to attend sport activities are those that provide care to a participant or player. (For example: coaches, team manager and safety persons CAN attend).
For further details on the recent Health Order please visit: