2020/21 U5 ThunderBITS ONLINE REGISTRATION IS OPEN
Due to planning in regards to COVID regulations, any registrations received after the deadline of August 31 will need to be approved by the LMLA executive prior to your registration being accepted and placed on a team.
Langley Minor Lacrosse field season is opening in a 2 Season format, Season A and Season B. You MUST sign up for Season A in order to participate in Season B (this is due to insurance).
We would like all parents to note that Season B (which may include games) could start at any time as soon as the BCLA gives the go ahead while following VIA Sport and the BC Health Regulations.
Important points to note:
- Registration is from Aug 16- Aug 31. NO LATE REGISTRATIONS
- You must be registered for Season A in order to play Season B
- Additional fees will be collected to register for Season B or a continuation on the Season A format (TBD based on length of season/costs).
Set Up for the Season A:
Season A will run mid September until approximately November 30th (or sooner if we are moved to the next phase)
Season A will respect all COVID safety protocols and practices will consist of:
- skill drills
- 3v3 drills
- no contact
All practices will comply with current BC Health Guidelines. Players and parents will be expected to comply with these guidelines without exception. Players will be excluded without refund or appeal for guideline breaches.
Season B is projected to begin December onwards. The start date is dependent on the BC Health Guidelines.
Additional fees will be collected with this Registration to cover such things as shorts, field time, and referee fees.
In the event that restrictions are not relaxed, the Executive will consider a continuation of the season under “Season A” format.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY THOSE PLAYERS WHO REGISTERED FOR SEASON "A" WILL BE PERMITTED TO CONTINUE TO PLAY IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE SEASON. NEW PLAYERS / REGISTRANTS WHO DID NOT SIGN UP FOR SEASON “A” WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PLAY AS THEY WILL NOT BE COVERED BY BCLA INSURANCE.
There will be no refunds. Please note that Registration will be open from August 16th to August 31st. This is a short window, but there will be no late registrations accepted. With the Health guidelines in place, we will not have the flexibility to add/move players.
U5 - $50.00
U 7 - $75.00
U 9 - $100.00
U 11 - $100.00
U 13- $125.00
U 15 - $125.00
U 18 - $125.00
U 8 female - $ 75
U12 female - $100
U15 female - $125.00
U 19 female - $125.00
Registration and Required Documentation
- Print your payment receipt at the end of the process and keep it in a safe place as this is your official receipt for Tax Purposes. The Registrar does not have access to that in order to re-print it at a later date when you remember that you need it.
- Your child will not be considered registered until ALL required paperwork is provided. This applies to both RETURNING and NEW players. It is your responsibility to forward TWO Proof of Residency documents and a copy of your childs birth certificate to our Registrar either by scanning (or taking a clear photo) and emailing them to email@example.com or by mailing copies of them to LMLA – Attn: Registrar, PO Box 31112 RPO Thunderbird, Langley, BC V1M 0A9.
- Please note that Proof of Residency documents are required for 3 consecutive seasons. Box lacrosse seasons do not count.
- TWO of the following ACCEPTED DOCUMENTS: (The documents must show your Township of Langley, Aldergrove, or City of Langley Residency & the name of the account holder. You can black out the actual account number if you wish):
- Hydro bill showing the address the player's residential address
- Terasen/Fortis BC bill showing the address the player's residential address
- Property Tax Assessment for the residence that the player resides at
- Land Line telephone bill (not cellular phone bill) showing the address the player resides at
- If you currently rent and do not pay utilities, you must submit your signed rental agreement and one piece of Government issued ID showing your Langley address (ie. BC Driver’s License, BC ID Card, BC Services Card, with Registrar approval House Insurance and Car insurance may also be accepted as a 2nd document).
- Our Club Registrar reserves the right to request additional Proof of Residency Documents; the player will not be allowed to participate until the requested documents are received.
- If you have any questions regarding the documents that are required, please email the Club Registrar.
- Regular Registration closes January 31, 2020 11:59pm. Late fees will apply to all registrations after that date. Please note that there may not be room for all players initially registered here and waiting lists may apply depending on numbers per divisions.
- If registering by e-transfer, payment MUST be received prior to the player starting evaluations and or practices/games. Please contact the registrar if a payment plan is required.
A player must live and reside in Langley or Aldergrove to register with Langley Minor Lacrosse (specific proof is required – see above for accepted documents). There is no exception to this rule unless the player is grandfathered to play with us or has registered with their home association and has been placed within our association by the League’s Head Commissioner.
Players must reside in Langley or Aldergrove to play for LMLA, unless previously grandfathered. Additional proof of residency may be requested and must be received by our Registrar prior to any player being registered to play. Residency rules are set by the BC Lacrosse Association and must be followed by all minor associations, therefore any player not a permanent resident of Langley or Aldergrove can only play for LMLA with the Commissioner’s approval. Player’s must first register with their home association regardless of whether or not that association has the division & caliber desired by the player. If there is no team in your home association (i.e. all female teams) a player may complete a release form and request to play in another association however the decision as to where you play is made by the Commissioner.
Any questions with regards to registration should be sent to our Registrar.